Five random things about me! I was tagged by dollsahoy, kind of a while ago, which leads nicely into thing one.
1. I’m fairly terrible at holding up my end of correspondence. That Oatmeal comic about putting off replying to an email for so long that the only way to save face is pretend you never got it? Yeah, that’s me. Also applies to tumblr messages/replies and AO3 comments.
2. I was really quiet and terrible at talking to anyone (many friends included) until about the middle of college, when I forcibly cultivated a cute polite persona I could use on store clerks and professors. Under the effects of a few more years, a bit less sleep, and a general decrease in fucks given, that persona morphed into like a drawling dryly humorous thing? Basically I got sick of the cute and polite filbert and decided it’d be easier to treat everyone like an old friend. But now I don’t remember how I used to treat my old friends. Who is the real filbert? Does she exist anymore? Was she killed by social conformity? It disturbs me that I don’t have these answers.
3. I like to cook. But I’m overconfident and think I know better than the recipe. This also applies to knitting patterns and is rarely true in either case.
4. I’m a Christian, but a painfully liberal Christian, and the brand of right-wing, bigoted, intolerant Christianity (the types that stand on bottlenecked street corners outside SDCC and shout “if a man lieth with a man” verses through a megaphone) makes my blood boil (I swatted one of them). And a shitton of churches are like this if you look beneath the surface, like I’ve tried more churches in my hometown than I knew existed, and it makes me deeply unhappy and adrift-feeling.
5. I’ve worn glasses since the tender age of five. Apparently my vision was already rather shit when I was finally tested (health screening days ftw!) so my mom was racked with guilt over having never noticed and I was just miserable because clear vision gave me a headache and why did things have to be this sharp anyway.I will tag… 0tterp0p, fallenwithstyle, doodlerina, spiderfire47, inelysianvalleys, if you feel like it, or anyone else who wants to, you know the drill.
This week for #FridayHappyHour, we want to help you write your own story with one of these sweet journals! Buy something today on powells.com and we just might add one to your order!
I want to be less compact, less disc.
ok lemme say, if any of you are planning on doing this make sure you have a REALLY GOOD PAIR OF SCISSORS because otherwise you will just bend the CD and it will maybe rip and tear and be all ugh and really badly cut.
and also make sure you seal that shit really good AND DON’T USE IT FOR FOOD. DO NOT
THE BABY ONE
The new heroes to save the world!
Delta Rae - If I Loved You
I was minding my own business, listening to this song, when suddenly my brain was like STEVE AND BUCKY, because it’s in the habit of shouting that when I listen to love ballads now, but this time it was unwarranted and a bad idea, brain, a very bad idea, because this is not not not a happy love ballad. And now I just hear this song as Bucky singing to Steve, or Steve to Bucky (my brain was unspecific about the precise details of this masochistic headcanon), and everything hurts and I might be crying inside.
But I don’t love you, much as I want to
I don’t love you, good as you are
And when I kiss you, I know that you can feel it
And I see it in your eyes, and it just breaks my heart
I wish to God I could change it, darling
Could make you the one
I will always have these regrets and wonder
What else I could have done
’Cause it ain’t here love, no
And it just breaks my heart
STAHP, MAX. JUST STAHP.
I MOTHERFUCKING KNEW IT HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
awesome mix vol. 1 from guardians of the galaxy [listen]
what a bunch of a-holes.